We are proud to announce the 2020 St. Andrew graduate recipients of the St Andrew Athletic Association Scholarships. For each student $1,000 will be applied to their 2020-2021 freshman tuition at a Catholic High School.
James Valentino Scholar/Athlete Scholarship – Sponsored by Tino Valentino in honor of his father James, a long-time St Andrew coach and mentor.
- Colin McNair
- Ellasyn Ruhe
Patti Passen Scholarship – Named in honor of the late Patti Passen, a lifelong St Andrew Parish member and a great supporter of St. Andrew athletics and St. Andrew students.
- Jack Westerman
- Sophia Monesi/Emily Bellesari (Tie)
Nothing has been officially cancelled. The Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) and Diocesan Recreation Association (DRA) have authorized practice to begin. OHSAA has classified sports either contact or non-contact. OHSAA has canceled all scrimmages for contact sports and has not yet approved games for contact sports. Scrimmages and games are currently approved for non-contact sports. DRA is following OHSAA guidance.
- Field Hockey (OHSAA is considering moving FH to non-contact)
We have the DRA COVID waiver posted to our website. We need all participants to complete that waiver before participating in practice. Please turn it into your coach.
DRA Summer soccer, 4th– 8th grade, is on hold. The DRA has pushed the season start from July to August but is now in danger of running it into other fall sports. OHSAA has not approved contests for soccer. DRA has not yet made a decision. DRA Summer soccer may be canceled.
Diocesan practices may begin August 3. OHSAA and DRA have has established protocols for practice that include distancing and wearing masks when not practicing. No sharing of equipment. Regularly sanitizing footballs & volleyballs. No sharing of water bottles, no common water source. We will need to follow those protocols.
Everything depends on the situation across the state. OHSAA and the governor may permit non-contact sports and prohibit contact sports. We will follow OHSAA and DRA guidance regarding fall DRA sports, volleyball and football.
St. Andrew Club Sports:
We sponsor St. Andrew club sports that do not fall under the auspices of the DRA. For fall those sports are Field Hockey, Tennis, Golf, K-3 Soccer
The St. Andrew Athletic Association will follow OHSAA guidance.
- If OHSAA cancels contact sports, which currently includes Field Hockey, we will cancel as well. If Field Hockey is moved to non-contact and non-contact sports are permitted, we allow the season to proceed.
- Our K-3 soccer teams participate in the Central Ohio Youth Soccer League (COYSL). Soccer is considered a contact sport by OHSAA. If the OHSAA cancels contact sports COYSL will cancel.
- Golf and tennis are non-contact. We will follow OHSAA guidance. Currently golf and tennis are approved for practice and contests. If that changes we will adjust.